Monday, June 23, 2008

Am I caught in a time warp?*

-
10.

10.

That's the number of toes a person has. What a face card is worth in a game of blackjack. The number of dollars I have in my wallet right now.

That's also the number of items Laura has finished since I left for Omaha...a day and a half ago.

36 hours.

Where have I been? Did I black out? Did I lapse into a coma? Did I drink some of whatever Rip Van Winkle sipped before his nap? How does someone finish 10 brand new pieces AND work a full time job AND be an awesome mother to our daughter in the same amount of time it has taken me to sit on a plane, sleep a little bit, attend a couple of meetings and go to company dinner?

I'll tell you how.

She is a sewing macheen.

She is Baby Boss, and I'm just the guy who can type...

I'm kidding.

Sort of.

I'm so proud of you, babe. Keep it up!

*I know I blogged on this last night, but I'm still dumfounded by her progress. I joke about our house being a sweatshop, but at this rate, I'm preparing for an OSHA investigation.
-

2 comments:

Elise of Argyle Whale said...

Sweet post! I certainly couldn't make anything so quickly.

Dulce said...

Very nice blog, I have enjoyed reading it this morning thank you for sharing. Dulce